Planned giving is a way to support Safe Futures while protecting your assets and miminizing your tax liabilities. The tangible and intangible benefits of making a planned gift include:
- Experience the power of giving: Your gift will have a significant impact on the future of your community.
- Reduce income tax through a charitable income tax deduction for the gift.
- Avoid capital gains tax on a gift of appreciated property.
- Depending on the type of gift, retain income for life for yourself or a beneficiary.
- Eliminate federal estate tax on property passing to Safe Futures at the time of your death.
- Recognition for your support as a member of the Safe Futures giving society.