We appreciate new or gently used donations at our Essentials Donation Center. Your generosity enables us to provide much-needed basic needs and some comfort to families in crisis. The Essentials Donations Center is run entirely by a group of dedicated volunteers.
In-kind donations are accepted at the rear of 34 Jay Street on Tuesdays and Thursdays between 10:00 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. Due to our limited staffing, we are unable to accept donations outside of these hours. Please do not leave items outside of our door.
Update: We will not be accepting used clothing or any used donations from November 1, 2023 until Tuesday January 16, 2024 due to the Holiday Giving Program at Safe Futures.Learn more about the Holiday Giving Program
Fall 2023 Wish List:
Many survivors of domestic violence have been forced to leave their homes because of abuse, and arrive at our shelter with just a suitcase or just the clothes they are wearing. You can provide toiletries and other essential items they will need to rebuild their lives free from violence! Your support and generosity is appreciated. We are currently in need of the following items:
- Flatware (sets for 4)
- Kitchen utensils sets
- Can openers (manual or electric)
- Brooms, mops, plastic buckets
- Twin mattress pads
- Personal care (toiletries) – shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body lotion. deodorant, etc
- Sanitary supplies -tampons and pads
- Cleaning supplies -dishwashing liquid, all purpose cleaning spray, window spray, sponges, scrub brushes)
- Laundry detergent
Donations may be dropped off at Safe Futures Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 – 2 PM or by appointment, call 860-447-0366 x221.
Questions? Contact Susan Noyes [email protected].
We also welcome donations of:
Clothing (New or gently used):
- Women, men, children (all sizes)
- Underwear (all sizes -new only)
- Shoes (all sizes)
Personal Care Items (Full-Size):
- Body wash and lotion
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Shaving cream and disposable razors
- Infant/toddler toiletries
- Diapers (sizes 4,5,6) and pull ups (sizes 5,6)
- Toilet paper
- Laundry detergent
- Dish soap
- Disinfectant wipes
- Paper towels
- Surface cleaner, glass cleaner
- Broom, dustpan, bucket and mop
- Toilet bowl cleaner, toilet brush
Kitchen Supplies (new or gently used)
- Drinking glasses
- Flatware: Forks, Knives, and Spoons
- Mixing Bowls
- Oven Mitt, kitchen towels, & Potholder
- Pot and Pan Set (Like-new or new, with lids)
- Spatulas, large spoon, Vegetable Peeler, can opener
- Plastic storage containers, zip loc bags, plastic wrap
Linens (new or gently used)
- Bath Towels, Hand Towels and Washcloths
- Sheet Sets (all sizes)
- Mattress pad covers (all sizes0 (new only)
- Bed Pillows (new only)
- Laundry Room Basics
- Dryer Sheets, Laundry Basket, Liquid Laundry Detergent
Gift Cards: Stop & Shop, Shoprite, Big Y, Target, Walmart
THINGS WE CANNOT ACCEPT:
Due to regulations, we are unable to accept the following items:
- Car seats
- Cribs and crib bedding
- Stuffed animals
- Non flat-screen televisions
Individuals wishing to donate NEW car seats, cribs, crib bedding, or stuffed animals should contact Safe Futures at 860-447-0366.
Empower our clients to make their own choices and provide for their children. Grocery store, department store, drug store, gas cards, and phone cards are most needed. Please mail gift cards to: Safe Futures, Attn: Jane Cable at 16 Jay Street New London, CT 06320.
New – Track phones and minutes are needed for clients who cannot use personal phones that allow abusers to track victims.
Used – Working or broken, Safe Futures can use your old phone! Working phones are cleared and charged to be given to clients who need a lifeline – a phone to use in an emergency, one that their abuser cannot track or monitor. Non-working phones are sent to be recycled. Either way, cell phones stay out of landfills. Cell phone donations are a win for clients, Safe Futures, and the environment!