Safe Futures will be collecting gift donations for more than 700 adults and families in crisis. Here’s how you can experience the joy of giving this year:
Ways to give:
- Gift Cards: One of the greatest gifts we can give our clients is empowering them to do their own holiday shopping for their families. Gift cards in smaller denominations from $20 – $50 are appreciated. Suggested stores: Walmart, Target, Stop & Shop, Kohl’s, Shop Rite, and Dunkin’ Donuts.
- Adopt-A-Family: Contact our team to get paired with a family in need and donate gifts directly from their Wish List.
- Online Wish Lists: Order our most needed items directly from the Safe Futures Wish List on Amazon or Target. Items will be delivered directly to Safe Futures.
Suggested Gift Items:
- Self-care items (lotion, body spray, body wash, face wash, etc.)
- Pajamas & bath robes -women’s sizes Small – -2 XL
- Blankets (twin or queen) or cozy throws
- Warm slippers (all sizes 7,8,9,10)
- Bath towel sets, washcloths
- Adult coloring books & colored pencils (for relaxation)
- Warm winter socks, warm gloves
- Small coffee maker, toaster, handheld blender, can opener
- Wallet, cross body bag
- Holiday candy, snacks, hot chocolate, tea, coffee, etc.
Ideas for Children
- Pajamas (newborn-toddler-5T through1 18 children’s sizes)
- Warm sweatpants, sweatshirts size 4T-14, winter socks, hats, mittens
- Learning toys (baby – 12 years old), board games, puzzles
- Lego sets, building sets, play food sets
- Dolls of all ethnicities
- Super hero figures or sets
- Paw Patrol toys, books, puzzles, plush toys
- Toy trucks and cars
- Coloring books and crayons, art supplies
- Infant toys, musical toys, plush toys
Ideas for Teens & Tweens
- Gift cards to Target, Walmart, Old Navy, TJ Maxx, Dick’s Sporting Goods, Sephora, Ulta, Michaels Craft Store, Best Buy
- Nail polish & manicure sets, make up sets
- Personal Care (male and female) – body wash, body spray, deodorant, razors, lotion
- Sports equipment, basketballs, footballs, skateboards, etc.
- Small electronics, handheld video games, headphones, ear buds, etc.
- Small Bluetooth speaker
- Craft sets, science sets, art supplies & paper
- Journals, stationary, notebooks & gel pens
Gifts must be new and unwrapped. We cannot accept toys or games with violent themes.
Drop-off is by December 9th at the Safe Futures Donation Center at 16 Jay Street, New London, CT.
Questions? Please contact Susan Noyes, Holiday Giving Coordinator at email@example.com
Thank you for your generosity this holiday season!